Thursday, July 10, 2008





It may seem very hard to believe...but yesterday I may have lost my temper over something very small and may have overreacted a bit. Kennedy got the brunt end of it and was grounded for the day, no friends, no TV, no music no nothing except talking and being with me all day. After I grounded her I wanted so bad to take it back but I knew I had to stick to my guns, once I said it had to be followed through. We had a great day together for a while, read, colored, played and then I wanted to be done with the grounding and it was only noon...I wanted to somewhat redeem myself today (since yesterday was not really all her fault, wrong place wrong time) so I took her and Hayden to the new playground in Randolph, bought them lunch and ice cream at Gators, babysay 3 dolls and a stuffed dog and let them play for 3 hours. The simple things brought such laughter and fun. I am so glad today was great and yesterday was over.

6 comments:

Leslie Garbanati said...

Oh dear Maydi...we all do it I am sure. You are an amazing mom! I love you dearly!

Ronda said...

You are so cute! I laughed when I read this! How funny! Way to be strong though... :)

Nicole said...

I HATE when I make a threat that I end up hating following through with or a punishment that punishes me more!! Oh the joys of motherhood! Good job though for holding your ground you "mean mom!"

The Douglas's said...

Hee hee, I know the feeling when I have been babysitting my nieces or nephews. Lol. I love your story though. Too cute!

Cally Leavitt said...

Maydi,
She is so cute I am not sure how you stuck to it. I will have to come out for some lessons! You are suck a great mother I really look up to you. Fair is going. Kathy Johnson is doing the parade so I am sure that it is taken care of no worries. Just keep in mind that you are on the radiar now so I am sure that you will be asked again. Just a heads up. Hope all is well.

snakeriverwalton said...

What is Katrina's email address? I have such a cute guy to set her up with! email me at rajrswalton@mstarmetro.net. Thanx