Thursday, January 27, 2011

A Growing Girl





I can't believe how fast time goes by and the moments seem to slip away right before my eyes. Kennedy started girl's activity when she turned 8 and since then it seems she is maturing and learning so fast. This week she made a "job jar" for their activity and she is so excited to do the chores in it. She drew a paper out of the jar and it said she had to clean the toilet, she was so excited; I am learning that responsibility and self-esteem work together. Kennedy also ironed pillowcases for 1/2 an hour (thank you job jar) and had to polish the furniture. I am so proud of her for the things she is learning and her willingness to learn. Kennedy is also turning into such a girl; it's not something I have a lot of experience in but we are learning that together as well. We put curlers in at least 2 days a week and other updos the rest, she also plans out her clothes for every day of school and wanted to go get mannequins to dress so she could just see how the clothes looked together. As much as she likes to get dressed up, she also likes to ride her horse and play in the mud, so I guess everything will balance out. Here are a few pictures of the activities for this week. Kennedy and her best friend Savannha also love to play dress up and make-up dances and perform shows, what great fun! I am so lucky that Kennedy has a friend that lives right next door and that she gets along so well with.

1 comment:

carol said...

I love all your updates! The pictures of you and Matt are priceless. And Kennedy, how did she get so grown up?!?!